This crockpot breakfast casserole recipe is perfect for holidays or when you have guests or just to make a Sunday morning easier.
- 1 bag 26 oz. frozen hash browns
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 16 oz. roll sausage (maple, sage or regular sausage)
- Salt and pepper
- 16 oz. bag shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray crock pot and evenly spread hash browns at the bottom.
- Crack 12 eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix well (and slowly) using a whisk.
- Add the milk.
- Go ahead and sprinkle in the ground mustard. This might sound like a weird ingredient, but I've come to love (and use) this in most of my recipes.
- Add plenty of salt pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Cook the sausage on high heat, drain and set aside.
- Add sausage on top of hash browns.
- Is this enough cheese? Maybe? Probably. Throw the whole big bag in there.
- Mix it up well. Or good, depending on where you're from.
- Pour the egg mixture over everything in the crock pot. Using a wood spoon, even everything out so it's spread evenly.
- Turn the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 493Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 229mgSodium 607mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 21g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.