Does your breakfast usually consist of eggs and bacon or cold cereal and milk? Are you tired of eating the same ole food every single day? Why don’t you try your hand at making these delicious Glazed Blueberry Biscuits?
Ingredients for biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces of fresh or dried blueberries
Ingredients for the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. In a large, bowl add and mix the salt, sugar, flour and baking powder. Add cold milk and blueberries to the dry ingredients and mix. (Before you start baking your biscuits, you need to put one stick of butter in your freezer for roughly one hour.) Remove the butter from your freezer and break it into chunks. Spread the frozen powdered chunks evenly over your biscuit dough. Fold the blueberry biscuit dough and knead.
- Repeat this until all the frozen butter chunks are spread evenly throughout the dough. Place or do on a floured surface and roll in about 1/4 to 1/8 inches thick. Using a biscuit cutter cut approximately 6 biscuits from the dough. Bake your biscuits for approximately 7 to 12 min.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in your microwave and gently paint on top of the hot biscuits.
- Mix together and stir with honey for the glaze and drizzle over the biscuits
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 303Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 22mgSodium 583mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 1gSugar 27gProtein 4g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.