What better way to get your veggies in than by eating stuffed peppers! Simple ingredients transform into a dish your entire family will enjoy.
- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper to remove top of pepper. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so they stand up straight. In 4-quart Dutch oven, add enough water to cover peppers. Heat to boiling; add peppers. Cook about 2 minutes; drain.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in rice, salt, garlic and 1 cup of the tomato sauce; cook until hot.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Stand peppers upright in ungreased 8-inch square glass baking dish. Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake 10 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 pepper
Amount Per Serving Calories 483Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 110mgSodium 857mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 37g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.