These Korean Style Beef Tacos are the perfect sweet and sour, tasty, speedy dinner to delight your taste buds any day of the week.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces flank steak, sliced against the grain into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 yellow heirloom tomato, chopped-optional
Quick Pickled Cabbage Recipe:
- 3 cups chopped Napa cabbage
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chile paste
- 1 small onion, chopped-optional
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Add steak to dish; cover. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes (can marinate longer, if so desired).
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Prepare Quick Pickled Cabbage Recipe. Place cabbage in a medium bowl with garlic. Bring vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and chile paste to a boil. Add onion, if you are using one. Pour hot vinegar mixture over cabbage; toss. Let stand at least 30 minutes (I refrigerated it, magazine didn’t specify).
- Remove steak from marinade, and discard marinade. Thread steak onto 8 (8-inch) skewers; sprinkle with salt (I just grilled the slices without the skewers). Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Grill tortillas 30 seconds on each side or until lightly charred; keep warm. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and divide steak evenly among tortillas. Divide the Quick Pickled Cabbage evenly among tacos; sprinkle with green onions and tomato (if using).
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 2 tacos
Amount Per Serving Calories 363Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 67mgSodium 1716mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 2gSugar 22gProtein 29g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.