Bloody Mary’s aren’t just for brunch any longer! When making this Bloody Mary Flank Steak, they also tenderize and ramp up the flavor of your steak with it’s rich flavor.
Bloody Mary Flank Steak
Bloody Mary’s aren’t just for brunch any longer! When making this Bloody Mary Flank Steak, they also tenderize and ramp up the flavor of your steak with it's rich flavor.
- 1 cup vegetable juice (recommended: V-8) or Bloody Mary mix
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Thoroughly mix all the marinade ingredients in a 1-gallon zip top bag. Add the flank steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill to high or heat a skillet over high heat. Remove the flank steak from the marinade and wipe the excess liquid off with paper towels. Grill or pan sear both sides, then lower heat to medium and cook to medium rare.
- Let the flanks steak rest, covered, with a clean towel for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut on the bias against the grain and serve.
Photo: Brian Child / CC BY-SA