Enjoy your own Tex-Mex feast at home with this super-easy recipe for Margarita Steak Fajitas! Tequila and fresh lime juice are part of a marinade that gives these steak fajitas their bright flavor.
- 1 lb top sirloin, cut into 1-oz strips
- 1 cup sliced red and yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 4-8 flour tortillas (9-in diameter)
- 1/2 cup Guacamole
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a shallow glass baking dish, combine marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Cover steak strips with marinade, turning to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare hot coals for grilling or preheat broiler.
- Lift strips from marinade and grill or broil for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- While steak is cooking, lightly spray a medium sauté pan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, sauté bell pepper strips and onions until just tender. Keep warm.
- Divide cooked steak strips into 4 servings and serve with tortillas, bell pepper, onion, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 579Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 23mgSodium 2641mgCarbohydrates 79gFiber 8gSugar 12gProtein 14g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.