Easy, fast, and healthy. This Chinese-Style Lemon Chicken is a popular Chinese restaurant dish that you can make at home in less time than it takes to order delivery.
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. cornstarch, divided
- 6 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lemon peel, cut into 1/2" slices
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- In a large bowl, marinate chicken in soy sauce for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add water, vinegar, honey, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon peel, and salt. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and cut into strips. In a gallon-size plastic bag, add 1/3 cup cornstarch and chicken pieces and shake until chicken is well coated.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Fry chicken pieces until crispy, about 12 minutes. Remove from oil and place on paper towels.
- Serve with lemon sauce over top.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving Calories 480Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 102mgSodium 829mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 1gSugar 35gProtein 38g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.