Creamy, perfectly spicy, loaded with flavor, and ready in a flash! You won’t believe how easy it is to make this Easy Chicken Tikka Masala at home!
Easy Chicken Tikka Masala
Yield: 4 servings
Creamy, perfectly spicy, loaded with flavor, and ready in a flash! You won't believe how easy it is to make this Easy Chicken Tikka Masala at home!
- 3 chicken breasts cut into bite size cubes
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil or grape seed oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (spice mixture)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small container plain yogurt (about 1/2 cup)
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl mix all the spices including the ginger. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil .
- Add the onions and cook until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for a minute.
- Stir in the spices and allow the flavours to infuse.
- Stir in the tomato paste.
- Add the chopped tomato and pour in the water. Simmer and season with salt to taste.
- Add the chicken pieces stirring well to coat the meat with the sauce. Continue to simmer until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt and continue to simmer 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro
- Serve with bismati rice.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 235Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 8mgSodium 191mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 6g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.