Spicy, tangy, with the right amount of sweet. This tender Thai-Spicy Tangy Chicken recipe is your ultimate dinner dream come true.
- 1 Tbsp (generous) Thai red curry paste
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- Asian fish sauce
- 15 chicken thighs, boneless + skinless
- sweet Thai red chili sauce
- chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Combine curry paste and oil in a bowl; stir until the paste is good and soft. Mix in coconut milk and a couple shakes of fish sauce.
- Place chicken in a zippered plastic bag, pour in coconut marinade and seal. Toss to coat evenly. Let sit at room temp for 20 minutes (longer if refrigerated).
- I used my panini press grill — I set it on high and grilled the thighs in 3 batches, turning them at 3 minutes per side to get the criss cross grill marks. After the first flip, I brushed them with the sweet chili sauce. The chicken is done when it’s white throughout, but still juicy and the sweet sauce is caramelized in spots.
- Pile the thighs on a platter of cous cous and red cabbage, sprinkle with peanuts, cilantro and another drizzle of sweet sauce, then serve.
If you do not have a panini press, you can use a griddle pan or skillet over high heat. Additional cooking time may be needed, depending on how hot your pan can get.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 767Total Fat 51gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 34gCholesterol 416mgSodium 876mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 78g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.