Recipe for Breakfast Omelet Muffins – Here is a great way to prepare breakfast for the whole family and not have to worry about eggs getting cold.
Breakfast Omelet Muffins
Here is a great way to prepare breakfast for the whole family and not have to worry about eggs getting cold.
- 1 pound Italian Sausage (sweet, mild, hot variety depending on your preference)
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped and sauteed
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion chopped and sauteed
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (or half and half depending on how you're feeling that day)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown Italian Sausage and chopped onion and mushrooms for about 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a 12-cupcake pan with oil. Spoon out the sausage/veggie mixture evenly into each cupcake.
- Ladle the egg mixture over sausage and broccoli.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com