These Breakfast Omelet Muffins are a great way to prepare breakfast for the whole family and not have to worry about eggs getting cold.
Breakfast Omelet Muffins
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Here is a great way to prepare breakfast for the whole family and not have to worry about eggs getting cold.
- 1 pound Italian Sausage (sweet, mild, hot variety depending on your preference)
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped and sauteed
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion chopped and sauteed
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (or half and half depending on how you're feeling that day)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown Italian Sausage and chopped onion and mushrooms for about 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a 12-cupcake pan with oil. Spoon out the sausage/veggie mixture evenly into each cupcake.
- Ladle the egg mixture over sausage and broccoli.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 196Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 146mgSodium 384mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 12g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.