These amazing Chocolate Chip Belgian Waffles are more like a decadent dessert than anything else. Incredibly quick and simple to make, a perfect start to any morning!
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Vegetable spray
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve sift flour and baking powder onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Sift again into a bowl; whisk to well combine.
- In bowl of electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment beat eggs and sugar until quite pale at medium-high speed, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil and butter; continue beating on medium-high, 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and beat just to combine.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, gradually add flour and beat to just combine. Do not over-mix!
- Fold in chocolate chips with a large spatula.
- Lightly coat waffle iron with vegetable spray.
- Pour batter (enough to just cover waffle grid) onto hot waffle iron. Close and bake following manufacturer’s instructions until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with chocolate chips, and chocolate syrup.
Waffles can be stored in an airtight container or re-sealable zipper storage bags at room temperature for 1 day and then should be transferred to the refrigerator for storage up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 2 months.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1 waffle
Amount Per Serving Calories 432Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 132mgSodium 121mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 3gSugar 26gProtein 9g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo: At 350 Degrees