A delicious chocolate chunk muffin mix for when the chocolate chips just won’t cut it. An easy to make recipe for a sweet treat in the morning.
Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Muffins
A delicious chocolate chunk muffin mix for when the chocolate chips just won't cut it. An easy to make recipe for a sweet treat in the morning.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mix of chocolate chips and chunks
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Butter 12 muffin cups or line them with liner paper.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add sugar and mix. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the buttermilk, oil, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not over mix. The batter should be thick and lumpy. Add chocolate chips/chunks and stir.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cups and fill them almost all the way to the top. Bake for 3 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 350F. Continue to bake for an additional 12-17 minutes (15-20 minutes total), until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Muffins are best the same day they are made, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or, they can be frozen for up to 2 months.