Making the perfect spring dessert could not be any easier than these Classic Lemon Bars. A super lemony curd filling sitting atop a shortbread crust that everyone is sure to love!
Classic Lemon Bars
Yield: About 12 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Additional Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Making the perfect spring dessert could not be any easier than these Classic Lemon Bars. A recipe that everyone is sure to love!
For the crust:
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
For the filling:
- 6 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (4 to 6 lemons)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the crust:
- Cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Combine the flour and salt and, with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed.
- Move the dough to a well-floured surface and gather into a ball.
- Press it into a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking sheet, building up a 1/2-inch edge on all sides. Chill.
- Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
For the filling
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour.
- Pour over the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.
- Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 bar (3"x4")
Amount Per Serving Calories 563Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 158mgSodium 66mgCarbohydrates 94gFiber 1gSugar 69gProtein 7g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.