With this Blackberry Yogurt Cake recipe you can bake your cake, and eat it too! A super-moist, delectable, and not overly sweet treat that is perfect for dessert or tea-time.
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt, plain
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large handfuls of blackberries
- Wash the blackberries.
- Grease a 9" loaf pan and preheat the oven to 375F
- Whisk together the yogurt, sugar, oil, lemon
- Slowly add each egg, while continuing to whisk.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, while still whisking.
- Pour half the batter into the loaf pan, add half the blackberries
- Pour over the rest of the batter into the pan. Add remaining blackberries and push down each one slightly into the mixture.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until risen and golden brown. A toothpick should come out clean if poked into the cake.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 328Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 50mgSodium 173mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 1gSugar 30gProtein 6g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.