Try our mouth watering slow cooker pulled pork recipe for a quick and easy way to enjoy pork that tastes delicious.
- 3-4 lb boneless pork shoulder (remove the rind/skin if you wish)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3.4oz (100ml) apple juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Pat the pork dry with paper towels.
- Mix the salt, sugar and paprika together and rub half of it thoroughly all over the pork. Keep the other half for later.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and brown the pork on all sides. Place the pork in the slow cooker, pour in the apple juice and cover with the lid. Cook on low for 8-9 hours, or until tender and ready to pull apart. While the pork takes it time, you can relax.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker, wrap in foil and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- As the pork relaxes, blend the cornstarch with 1 tbsp cold water. Add to the sauce in the slow cooker along with the rest of the seasoning mix. Cook on high for 20 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- Shred pork into chunky pieces with 2 forks. Return the pulled pork to the sauce in the slow cooker and stir well.
- Serve on rolls with coleslaw, fries, corn on the cob, or however you like.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 8 oz. (precooked)
Amount Per Serving Calories 726Total Fat 51gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 204mgSodium 955mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 53g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.