Delicious shredded pork with a Thai flavor you will not be able to stop eating. This Thai Pulled Pork With Asian Slaw has layers of flavor and makes for the perfect easy, no effort Thai feast!
- 3lb 8oz boneless pork shoulder (remove the skin if you wish)
- 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 6 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 stalk lemon grass, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces
For the Asian Slaw
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and cut into thin strips
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a roasting pan with a sheet of foil large enough to cover the pork later. Loosely fold the foil back for now. Remove the string, unroll the pork, pat dry with kitchen paper and place in the pan.
- Mix together the curry paste, coconut cream and fish sauce. Rub half the mix lovingly all over the pork and keep the rest for later. Fold the pork back up. Roll the pork up again (there is no need to re-tie the string) and put it in the oven for 30 minutes leaving the top uncovered so it browns beautifully.
- Turn the oven down to 300°F. Remove the pork and add the lemon grass and lime leaves to the bottom of the pan. Fold the foil over the top of the pork. Put it back into the oven and let it cook for at least 5 hours or until tender.
- Turn up the oven to 425°F. Uncover the pork to crisp for 10 minutes. Take it out of the oven, cover with foil and let it rest for 30 minutes. Remove the lime leaves.
- While the pork is resting, make the slaw. Mix together the lime zest and juice, ginger, chilli and sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Place the rest of slaw ingredients in a bowl and pour over the dressing. Toss well to coat all the ingredients.
- Shred (with the cooking juices) into chunky pieces with two forks and stir in the rest of Thai paste mix.
- Serve the pork with the slaw for an easy, no effort Thai feast.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 329Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 51mgSodium 773mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 3gSugar 13gProtein 17g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.