Needing an idea on what to make with your leftover pulled pork? These Leftover Pulled Pork Sausage Rolls are a perfect and easy recipe that everyone is sure to love!
- 5 oz pulled pork leftovers, shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 9oz puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- flour (for work surface)
- caraway seeds, for serving
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Put 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in a pan and sauté 1 finely chopped red onion over a medium heat for about 10 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Remove onion to a bowl and cool a little.
- Put shredded pulled pork into a food processor with cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp parsley and the cooked onion. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse three or four times to chop the mixture.
- Lightly flour a clean worksurface and roll out puff pastry until it measures 10" x 10". Cut down the middle to make two rectangles, each measuring 10" x 5". Divide the pork mixture in half and spoon it in a long strip down the middle of each.
- Brush beaten egg round the edge of each one. Roll the pastry over the top and seal the side where the pastry meets with a fork. Trim the ends, then cut each in half and slash twice. Brush again with beaten egg then sprinkle over caraway seeds, if you like. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and crisp.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 roll
Amount Per Serving Calories 658Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 77mgSodium 584mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 17g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.