This simple version of the classic Creole Sausage Jambalaya brings all of the traditional flavors you have come to love, in a fraction of the time!
- 1 lb. Sausage links (Andouille, Kielbasa, or similar)
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- Mild chili powder
- 2 tsp Ground turmeric
- 8oz Instant brown rice
- 1 3/4 cup Pork stock
- 1 Can chopped tomatoes, 14oz
- Ground black pepper
- 3 Whole cloves
- 5 Scallions, chopped (reserve some green tips for garnish)
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4oz Button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Zucchini, halved lengthways then sliced diagonally
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the sausages over a medium heat until browned. Remove from the pan and keep to one side. When cool enough to handle, cut each sausage in half.
- Meanwhile, add the onion, garlic, chili powder, turmeric and rice to the pan and cook until the rice is opaque. Add the stock, chopped tomatoes and bell pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the sausages and the remaining ingredients (except for scallions) and continue to cook, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with the scallions before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 417Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 78mgSodium 931mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 22g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.