A fun twist on an Italian classic, these Baked Chicken Parm Meatballs are a dinner that is ready in a snap, and will disappear even faster!
- 3 slices of bread
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 4 oz bacon, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Soak the bread in the milk in a small bowl until it softens, about four minutes. Squeeze the bread to remove excess milk, then discard the milk.
- Fry the bacon, onion and garlic in a tablespoon of oil with 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a large skillet over medium heat until the onion softens, about 6 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl; add in ground chicken, tomato paste, the bacon mixture, bread, and the parsley. Mix everything until well combined.
- Place a scoop of the mixture in your hand. Before forming the meatball, place a piece of mozarella cheese in the center. Finish forming the meatball around the cheese.
- In a shallow dish combine Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Roll each meatball in Parmesan mixture until evenly coated, then place into baking dish.
- Place in the preheated oven until the meatballs are done and brown, about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the oven and size of meatballs.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 733Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 169mgSodium 1846mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 47g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.