Taking something as simple as a taco, and making it even more fun is not all that hard. Especially with this Taco Braid. Have the kids help out with dinner tonight, and enjoy this twist on a Mexican favorite.
- 1 lb of ground meat
- taco seasoning
- 1small onion
- 1- 15 oz can of black beans
- rotel tomatoes
- green onions
- black olives
- sour cream
- In a skillet, brown 1 lb of ground meat. Season with your favorite taco seasoning.
- When meat is just cooked through add half of a small onion and let cook a few minutes. Adding the onion now keeps it slightly crunchy.
- Rinse and drain 1- 15 oz can of black beans. Add to meat.
- Drain 1 can of rotel tomatoes. Add to meat.
- Heat til mixture is hot through out.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (makes clean up easy). Roll out 1 package of crescent roll onto baking sheet. Mend the perforations.
- Cut crescent sheet on both sides 1 inch apart. A pizza cutter works well
- Put cooked meat mixture in center of cut crescent sheet
- Put 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese on top of meat mixture
- Fold crescent strips over meat mixture and press the strips together to seal the braid.
- Bake in 350° oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the Taco Braid to set.
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com