What could possibly be better than a slice of New York style cheesecake? How about jamming the whole thing together and making New York Cheesecake Cookies?!
New York Cheesecake Cookies
Yield: about 24 cookies
Prep Time: 48 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
What could possibly be better than a slice of New York style cheesecake? How about jamming the whole thing together into cookie form!
- 1 1⁄4 cup graham crackers, finely crushed (1 sleeve)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, separated
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder. In a medium bowl, beat together the butter with the brown sugar using an electric hand mixer. Add the egg white and beat until well combined. Add to the graham cracker crumbs and blend until just combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese with the granulated sugar, egg yolk, lemon zest and vanilla until well combined. Set aside.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and place on a nonstick or parchment lined baking sheet. (If you do not have an ice scoop, then measure out the dough into scoops of about 2 tablespoons.) Flatten slightly, pressing your thumb in the center of the ball to create a small bowl shape. Repeat with the remaining dough. Spoon the cream cheese into the indents in the cookies.
- Bake until the filling is barely set and the cookies are lightly golden, 12 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets before removing them and cooling completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 80Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 13mgSodium 70mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 0gSugar 7gProtein 1g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Hungry Forever