Absolutely the BEST macaroni salad! The mayo mixture in this Sweet Amish Macaroni Salad Recipe is what makes it so delightful — that bit of sweetness!
- 1 lb salad macaroni
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced small
- 1 small sweet pepper, seeded and diced small (red or orange)
- 2 cups light mayonnaise (do not use Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- paprika (to garnish)
- Cook the macaroni according to directions, drain well.
- While pasta is cooking mix up all the dressing ingredients till well blended and set aside.
- Chop up all the veggies.
- When macaroni has cooled and drained well mix in the dressing (add all of it if you like very creamy salad.if you don't like a lot of dressing leave out about 1/2-3/4 c of the dressing. Remember that as it sets it will soak up some of the dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, the longer you let it set the better the flavor.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 103mgSodium 700mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 17gProtein 6g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo: Julia Frost