A thick, rich meat sauce with great depth of flavor. Made in under an hour, this is a Pasta Bolognese recipe that you will make over and over again!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 diced celery stalk
- 1 diced onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 lbs. ground veal (or 1 lb. ground hamburger and 1 lb. ground pork)
- 1 cup white wine
- 12 oz. tomato paste
- 4 stalks fresh oregano (pull off leaves and mince or put stalks in whole and remove before serving)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat olive oil in Dutch oven. Add carrot, onion and celery. Sweat 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook an additional minute. Add nutmeg.
- Add meat and cook until pink is gone. Drain fat.
- Add wine and reduce by half. Stir in tomato paste, salt, pepper and oregano. Cook low 30-40 minutes.
- Before serving, add cream and cayenne and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 297Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 81mgSodium 164mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 22g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.