Recipe for Pasta Primavera with Spring Veggies – Quick, easy, and tasty! This Pasta Primavera with Spring Veggies can be made in under 20 minutes, and is a flavorful spring recipe that you and your family will savor.
Pasta Primavera with Spring Veggies
Quick, easy, and tasty! This Pasta Primavera with Spring Veggies can be made in under 20 minutes, and is a flavorful spring recipe that you and your family will savor.
- 8 ounces fusilli pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (about 9 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the asparagus, season with the salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes until slightly soft. Add the cherry tomatoes and peas. Cook for 2 minutes. Pour the chicken stock into the pan and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook until the tomatoes start to burst and the stock is reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the asparagus mixture to a large serving bowl. Add the cooked pasta and 1/2 of the Parmesan. Toss well, adding reserved pasta water, if needed, to loosen the pasta. Garnish with the remaining Parmesan and chopped basil.