Easy and perfect for both a weeknight meal and an elegant dinner party. This Chicken in Lemon Cream with Penne recipe is so simple I don’t even have any tips!
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, diced in to 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon herbes du Provence
- pinch of salt, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper, plus 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Season the cubed chicken breast with the herbs de Provence and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and set aside. Pour off any excess oil from the pan. Add the chicken broth to the pan and cook over medium-high heat, using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the cream, lemon zest, and cayenne. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta, chicken, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, chopped parsley, and lemon juice. Toss to coat the pasta and chicken with the sauce and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 526Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 124mgSodium 162mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 20g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.