Recipe for Supreme Nutella Crepes – Crepes can be either savory or sweet. The following recipe uses Nutella (a chocolate hazelnut spread) as the filling, although any other sweet filling will also work with this recipe.
Supreme Nutella Crepes
Crepes can be either savory or sweet. The following recipe uses Nutella (a chocolate hazelnut spread) as the filling, although any other sweet filling will also work with this recipe.
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- Nutella, take as much as you like
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Sliced bananas
- Whipped cream
- Sliced strawberries
- Vanilla ice cream
- Mint leaves
- Mini chocolate chips
- Sliced chocolate bar
- Softened butter
- Whisk together the flour, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until batter is smooth, it's okay to have a few lumps..
- Add in melted butter.
- Let batter rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat a 5 to 6-inch round skillet or frying pan over medium-low to medium heat until very hot.
- Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray. Remove the pan from the flame and add a dab of butter. The butter should sizzle when it hits the pan. Quickly rotate the pan to distribute the butter.
- Add a tablespoon or two of batter. Quickly rotate the pan to cover the pan bottom with the crepe batter.
- Return the pan to the flame and cook until the top of the crepe looks dry and the underside is light golden.
- Flip the crepe and cook for a few seconds more. The underside does not need to be browned, but it should be dry. Some cooks omit this step, and if a cook decides to do this, make sure the top side of the crepe is thoroughly cooked. It will be dry and golden brown in spots.
- Immediately flip the crepe out of the pan and onto a plate.
- Stack the crepes between squares of waxed paper.
- Continue cooking until all the batter is used up.
- Crepes can be kept warm on a wire rack, placed on a baking sheet, and tucked inside a 250 °F (121 °C) oven.
- Lay a crepe on a dessert plate. Add a good spoonful of Nutella to the flat crepe.
- Roll up crepe into a cigar shape. Press crepe gently to evenly distribute the Nutella filling, if desired.
- Serve with a dollop of freshly whipped cream sweetened with a bit of sugar and flavored with vanilla or brandy, if desired.
Recipe and Photo: WikiHow