Spicy Tuscan Soup – Copycat Olive Garden
This Spicy Tuscan Soup is my all-time, never-to-be-beat, absolute FAVORITE soup. It’s my version of a Tuscan soup served at a certain Italian chain restaurant that rhymes with Schmolive Garden. It’s spicy, smooth, hearty and warm. So very good.
Spicy Tuscan Soup - Copycat Olive Garden
This Spicy Tuscan Soup is my all-time, never-to-be-beat, absolute FAVORITE soup. It’s my version of a Tuscan soup served at a certain Italian chain restaurant.
- 1 pound Spicy Italian Sausage, or Spicy Breakfast Sausage
- 1 whole Medium Red Onion, Diced
- 2 slices Bacon, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 whole Medium Potatoes
- 1 quart Warm Water
- 3 cubes low sodium Chicken Bouillon
- 1/4 bunches Kale, Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 cups fat free Half & Half, or Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crumble sausage into a Dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat until cooked through. Drain off the grease and set the sausage aside.
- Add onions and bacon into the Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium and cook until onions are clear. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4″ slices. Add warm water, bouillon cubes and potatoes to the Dutch oven and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are almost done.
- Add remaining ingredients as well as the sausage and simmer for 5 more minutes. Let cool and serve with warm garlic breadsticks.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 30 minutes Yield: 8 servings
Calories per serving: 290 kcal
Fat per serving: 19g
Saturated fat per serving: 6g
Carbs per serving: 19g
Protein per serving: 13g
Fiber per serving: 3g
Sugar per serving: 3g
Sodium per serving: 917mg
Cholesterol per serving: 50mg
Recipe and Photo: cuddlescraftscupcakes
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com