This Spicy Tuscan Soup is my all-time, never-to-be-beat, absolute FAVORITE soup. It’s my version of a Tuscan soup served at a certain Italian chain restaurant that rhymes with Schmolive Garden. It’s spicy, smooth, hearty and warm. So very good.
- 1 pound Spicy Italian Sausage, or Spicy Breakfast Sausage
- 1 whole Medium Red Onion, Diced
- 2 slices Bacon, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 whole Medium Potatoes
- 1 quart Warm Water
- 3 cubes low sodium Chicken Bouillon
- 1/4 bunches Kale, Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 cups fat free Half & Half, or Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crumble sausage into a Dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat until cooked through. Drain off the grease and set the sausage aside.
- Add onions and bacon into the Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium and cook until onions are clear. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4″ slices. Add warm water, bouillon cubes and potatoes to the Dutch oven and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are almost done.
- Add remaining ingredients as well as the sausage and simmer for 5 more minutes. Let cool and serve with warm garlic breadsticks.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 324Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 45mgSodium 597mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 16g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: cuddlescraftscupcakes