Sometimes all I want is hearty comfort food but not the mess. This Lasagna Soup was a great compromise…. I got both the comfort of great food, plus the comfort of ease.
Sometimes all I want is hearty comfort food but not the mess. This Lasagna Soup was a great compromise.... I got both the comfort of great food, plus the comfort of ease.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef/turkey or sausage
- 1/2 C grated onion
- 1 heaping tsp fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 Tlb dried basil (you can use fresh also just not as much)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 - 14.5 can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 C apple juice
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 C water
- 1-2 C sliced or cubed zucchini
- 12 oz package Armoniche noodles - itty bitty lasagna noodles but any small pasta would really work fine.
- 2-3 C mozzarella and parmesan cheese for garnish - I usually do equal parts of each and mix it together
- Cook meat and onion together until cooked, drain then combine in a crock pot all other ingredients. Let simmer on low minimum 3 hours. Boil noodles until tender but do not overcook, add to soup within 30 minutes of serving. Do not let it keep cooking or the noodles will overcook and get mushy. Serve with lots of cheese on top and fresh asiago cheese bread.
Recipe and Photo: Jen’s Yummy Fun