This Copycat Olive Garden Herb Roasted Chicken comes out perfectly moist and tender. Every bite is full of fresh vibrant flavors of rosemary, sage, thyme and lemon.
Copycat Olive Garden Herb Roasted Chicken
This herb roasted chicken comes out perfectly moist and tender. Every bite is full of fresh vibrant flavors of rosemary, sage, thyme and lemon.
- 1 (3½-4lb) roasting chicken
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 6 bunches fresh sage
- 6 bunches fresh thyme
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper- to taste
- Crushed red pepper- optional
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Strip leaves from 1 bunch each of the rosemary, thyme and sage. Chop well.
- Empty cavity of the chicken and pat dry with a paper towel. Rub chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle on half of the chopped herbs. Add salt and pepper. Rub chicken to evenly distribute herbs and seasonings.
- Place half of the remaining herbs on a roasting tray. Put chicken on top of the herbs, and the remaining herbs inside the cavity.
- Roast the chicken approx 1 hour at 375 ºF, or until meat thermometer reads 165ºF at the deepest part of the thigh, and juices run clear.
- Transfer to serving platter. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.