Recipe for Spicy Sausage Pasta – Need a quick and easy dinner idea? This Spicy Sausage Pasta is perfect, and the family will love it!
Spicy Sausage Pasta
Need a quick and easy dinner idea? This Spicy Sausage Pasta is perfect, and the family will love it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 oz packaged smoked turkeysausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 10oz can Ro-tel Tomatoes andGreen chilies, original style
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8oz penne pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar and monterey Jack cheese blend, shredded
- Thinly sliced scallions, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil over medium-heat in a oven-safe skillet until smoking.
- Add sausage and onion, and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, Ro-tel, heavy cream, uncooked pasta, and pepper, and give the mixture a good stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until the pasta is tender, about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice while cooking. Preheat the broiler while the pasta is cooking.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, and stir in 1 cup of the cheese. Taste and add salt as needed. Top with the scallions and remaining cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted and lightly browned – about 3 minutes.
Recipe and Photo: STL Cooks
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com