Recipe for Spaghetti Nests – Have you ever made spaghetti nests? They are ever so cute, quick to make and most importantly, very tasty!
Have you ever made spaghetti nests? They are ever so cute, quick to make and most importantly, very tasty!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to directions.
- 8 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 cup parmesan cheese + additional for garnish
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sauce of your choice.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, cook and crumble Italian Sausage then drain excess fat.
- Add in 2 cups of sauce and heat for a few minutes, then remove meat/sauce mixture from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, Tobasco Sauce, crushed red pepper flake and pasta. Stir to combine.
- Pour egg and pasta mixture over meat and sauce mixture. Use tongs to incorporate.
- Using tongs, place enough noodles in a muffin cup to fill it. Twirl/twist the pasta as you are placing it in the cup to form nests.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the sides and tops are starting to brown.
- Allow the Italian Love Nests to rest for 5 minutes, then use a knife to run around the edges of each muffin cup. I used a spoon to help get each cheesy pasta cup out of the tin and onto a plate.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com