Fried okra is my all-time favorite vegetable. It is the only green vegetable that I get excited about eating. I can eat a ton of it.
- 1 lb okra
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- Rinse okra and slice. Discard stems and tips.
- Pour buttermilk over sliced okra; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Remove okra from buttermilk. Dredge okra in cornmeal.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a Dutch oven or large skillet. Heat oil to 375 degrees. Fry okra in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 206Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 3mgSodium 667mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 7g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo: Kirk K