Looking for an easy, healthy, and delicious veggie side dish? Try this Lemony Asparagus with Almonds. The perfect way to welcome spring to your table. Try it with your dinner tonight!
- 2 Bunches Asparagus Spears
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Oz. Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- Wash asparagus spears and trim off about 1/2″ of the end.
- Fill a medium sized skillet with 1″ of water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add asparagus spears and cover. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until crisp tender. I prefer thin asparagus but if you use thicker, increase the cook time to about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Drain asparagus and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium sized skillet and add slivered almonds. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until almonds are lightly browned. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice
- Place asparagus in a serving dish and pour almond and lemon juice over. Serve warm.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 64Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 10mgSodium 34mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 1g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.