This Lemon and Garlic Shrimp Over Asparagus is an easy, quick, and healthy entree that is cooked in one pan and can be on your table in under 25 minutes.
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, peeled and juiced (reserve the lemon peels)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Season the shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and ground black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Peel half of a lemon with a vegetable peeler (yellow part only), reserve the peels and juice then lemon in a small bowl. Add olive oil, minced garlic, and red chili flakes. Stir.
- Place a large non-stick skillet with butter over medium heat. Once melted, place asparagus in bottom of the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Place seasoned shrimp on top of the asparagus, then pour the olive oil mixture over. Sprinkle with lemon peels
- Place cover on skillet, and let cook 12 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 387Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 270mgSodium 1406mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 29g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.