This super easy Shrimp Fried Rice is loaded with shrimp and veggies, all tossed in a perfectly balanced sauce. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this may be your next go-to dinner recipe that they can’t get enough of!
- 4 Cups of Cooked Rice (day-old, or made 4 hours ahead of time and spread out on a plate to dry)
- 5-8 Tablespoons Peanut Oil (or vegetable oil)
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 oz raw Shrimp, cut in half and butterflied (optional – it takes more time to cut shrimp butterfly) you can also chose to use smaller shrimp for a similar effect
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Cups of mixed frozen Peas, defrosted – all liquid drained
- 2 Cups frozen Broccoli, defrosted – all liquid drained
- 1/2 Cup sliced Water Chestnuts
- 2-6 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Have everything prepared ahead of time because this will go fast!
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a very large skillet or wok until the oil is VERY hot, but not smoking. Fry the egg in the oil, scrambling. Once the egg is cooked, and still moist, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons more of oil to the skillet and let it get hot. Cook the shrimp until it’s pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet and let get hot. Add the onion and cook until it is tender. Add the defrosted vegetables and water chestnuts to the onion, and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the rice to the vegetables and, stirring constantly, cook for 5-7 minutes, making sure to break up any clumps of rice. The rice will have a slightly beige/fried color when this is done.
- Return the shrimp to the rice mixture, and combine to reheat.
- Drizzle the soy sauce over the rice and mix well so that the soy sauce is evenly distributed. Start with 2 tablespoons and add more to your liking. Some days I like 2-3 tablespoons, other days 6.
- Add the scrambled egg to the rice, making sure to break it up into smaller pieces with the spatula and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 634Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 222mgSodium 1791mgCarbohydrates 62gFiber 6gSugar 5gProtein 25g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.