Recipe for Sauteed Mushrooms – This is one of the easiest and most yummy ways to enjoy your mushrooms. Delicious as a side, an appetizer, or added to a salad.
This is one of the easiest and most yummy ways to enjoy your mushrooms. Delicious as a side, an appetizer, or added to a salad.
- 1-2 pounds mushrooms, cleaned and cut in half.
- Dry red drinking wine (optional)
- As many garlic cloves as you like, diced
- Onion, as much as you like, sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Clean the mushrooms and slice in half.
- In a large skillet, put in a sizeable piece of butter. Melt and add onions. Cook onions until just starting to brown.
- Add in the mushrooms and stir. Add in the fresh diced garlic when the mushrooms look like they are beginning to wilt a bit and starting to cook.
- Drizzle a little of the wine over the mushrooms and cook until the wine has evaporated and the onions have begun to carmelize. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com