I received this recipe from a friend who says it is from a famous Italian restaurant on “The Hill” in St. Louis. It is definitely a good one.
- 1/2 pound cavatelli shells
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups half & half (or fat free heavy cream)
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves (2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1 pkg frozen or fresh broccoli
- 1/2 pound mushrooms or 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup velveeta (optional for extra cheesy)
- Cook shells and drain. Cook broccoli and drain. Saute mushrooms in butter.
- Mix all ingredients together and simmer over low heat. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com