These Kalua Pork Sliders with Sriracha Aioli are a classic Hawaiian dish. And if don’t have a pig pit in the back yard, a slow cooker will do the trick just fine.
Kalua Pork Ingredients:
- 5-6 lbs pork butt
- 2 tbsp black Hawaiian lava salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp liquid smoke
- slider buns
- dill pickle slices
- lots of time (16 - 20 hrs)
Sriracha Aioli Ingredients:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- juice from one lemon
- pinch of salt
- Take your pork butt, poke a bunch of holes in it with a knife and rub with the Hawaiian salt and liquid smoke.
- After you thoroughly rub your pork but with the the salt and liquid smoke, put it in a crock pot on low for 16-20 hrs. It's a fantastic meal to start the night before you want to eat it. Let it cook all through the night and all day at work and you'll have a great surprise when you get home from work the next day.
- After 16-20 hrs in the slow cooker, the kalua pork should be finely pulled apart. It's easy to pull apart by grabbing two forks and just getting to work. Mix the meat up with all of the delicious simmering sauce and keep it on warm.
- Now it's time for the aioli. Simply add your egg yolks, Sriracha, lemon juice and a pinch of salt to bowl of your food processor and blend until the eggs are slightly frothy, about 1 minute.
- Once the eggs are beaten, slowly add your canola oil while the mixer is running.
- Garnish your slider buns with pickle and the aoili and serve!
Nutrition InformationYield 25 Serving Size 8oz (precooked)
Amount Per Serving Calories 1557Total Fat 112gSaturated Fat 39gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 63gCholesterol 483mgSodium 977mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 126g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista