Recipe for Hawaiian Macaroni Salad – Highly addicting and FULL of flavor, this macaroni would easily be at home here in the Deep South amidst some pork ribs or pulled pork sandwiches!
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
Highly addicting and FULL of flavor, this macaroni would easily be at home here in the Deep South amidst some pork ribs or pulled pork sandwiches!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups whole or 2% milk, divided
- 2 cups mayonnaise, ideally Best Foods' or Hellmann's, divided
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled & grated
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- Salt & pepper
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp salt and the macaroni; cook until VERY soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and return to pot; add the cider vinegar and toss until absorbed. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of the milk, 1 cup of the mayonnaise, the brown sugar, 1/2 tsp of salt and 2 tsp pepper.
- Once the cooked pasta has cooled for 10 minutes, whisk in the dressing. Let cool completely.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup milk and 1 cup of mayonnaise, along with the scallions, carrot and celery. Stir to combine, then season to taste with salt & pepper. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
Photo: Julia Frost under a Creative Commons liscense
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com