Recipe for Greek Yogurt Tzatziki Egg Salad – You have got to try this healthier spin on egg salad. It’s great on it’s own, or you can try it on some pita bread or even crackers.
Greek Yogurt Tzatziki Egg Salad
You have got to try this healthier spin on egg salad. It’s great on it’s own, or you can try it on some pita bread or even crackers.
- 2 c. non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large cucumbers (peeled, seeded, finely diced)
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 tbsp dried dill weed
- 2 oz. lemon juice
- 6 large, hard-boiled egg whites (diced)
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning
- Finely chop onion, egg whites, and cucumbers.
- Drain cucumbers in a mesh strainer over a bowl for 30 minutes.
- Mix everything in a large bowl.
- Serve chilled.
*If end result is too watery, there are two solutions:
1. Use 2 tbsp. Real Lemon dried lemon crystals instead of lemon juice and/or…
2. Set the yogurt in a coffee filter that is sitting inside of a mesh strainer for a half hour before mixing all ingredients together.