What a party of flavor! A tasty side salad featuring quinoa and a colorful variety of vegetables. Feta cheese and a light lemon dressing complete the Mediterranean Quinoa Salad.
- 1 cup Quinoa, dry
- 2 cups Low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup Fresh red bell peppers, seeded, diced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh green onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh red onions, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp Black olives, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer until water runs clear, not cloudy. Combine quinoa and chicken broth in a small pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and simmer until broth is completely absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. When done, quinoa will be soft and a white ring will pop out of the kernel. The white ring will appear only when it is fully cooked. Fluff with a fork. A rice cooker may be used with the same quantity of quinoa and water. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, olive oil, salt, and ground pepper to make dressing.
- Combine red peppers, green onions, red onions, tomatoes, and olives in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add dressing to vegetable mixture. Mix in cooled quinoa. Fold in feta cheese and parsley. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours. Serve chilled.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 101Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 3mgSodium 272mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 4g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo: What’s Cooking? / USDA