Mix things up with this Garlic and Cheese Mashed Cauliflower. It is so good that we promise you will not miss having those spuds on the side.
- 1 head cauliflower
- salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 4-6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c cream
- 1/3 c grated Romano cheese
- Salt & freshly cracked pepper
- Clean cauliflower and break into large flowerette pieces. In a large piece of aluminum foil, tightly wrap cauliflower flowerettes and peeled garlic cloves that have been seasoned with salt and pepper and place in 350°F oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until tender.
- Put into casserole dish and mash to desired consistency (I like a little texture to mine). Add EVOO and cream and mix in well. Add the grated Romano cheese and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Can be made ahead and reheated in a 350°F oven until piping hot.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 195Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 19mgSodium 275mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 4g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.