You can never have too many quick and easy recipes. This Crazy Good Chili Mac may just be my favorite one ever!
- 1 1/2 t. canola oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1/8 – 1/4 t. cayenne pepper (to taste, I used 1/8 t.)
- salt & pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 (15 oz. can of tomato sauce)
- 2 c. water
- 8 oz. whole grain macaroni
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large (12 inch) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onion, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and 1/2 t. salt. Cook, breaking up meat into small pieces, until it looses all the pink color, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so.
- Add brown sugar, tomato sauce, water and macaroni. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook, stirring often and adjusting the heat so that it maintains a lively simmer (somewhere between medium/medium-high heat), until the macaroni is tender, about 10 minutes or so. Season with salt & pepper if needed.
- Off heat, stir in half the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 419Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 105mgSodium 405mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 33g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.