Recipe for Crazy Good Chili Mac – You can never have too many quick and easy recipes. This one here may just be my favorite one ever!
You can never have too many quick and easy recipes. This one here may just be my favorite one ever!
- 1 1/2 t. canola oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1/8 – 1/4 t. cayenne pepper (to taste, I used 1/8 t.)
- salt & pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 (15 oz. can of tomato sauce)
- 2 c. water
- 8 oz. whole grain macaroni
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large (12 inch) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onion, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and 1/2 t. salt. Cook, breaking up meat into small pieces, until it looses all the pink color, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so.
- Add brown sugar, tomato sauce, water and macaroni. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook, stirring often and adjusting the heat so that it maintains a lively simmer (somewhere between medium/medium-high heat), until the macaroni is tender, about 10 minutes or so. Season with salt & pepper if needed.
- Off heat, stir in half the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com