A quick, easy, and creamy side dish that’s ready in under 15 minutes.
Confetti Creamed Corn
This Confetti Creamed Corn is the perfect quick, easy, and creamy side dish that’s ready in under 15 minutes.
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups Green Giant® frozen corn
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat water to boiling. Add corn and bell pepper. Cover; reduce heat to medium. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Drain; return to saucepan.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except green onions. Cover; cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until heated and mixture is well blended. Spoon into serving dish; sprinkle with green onions.
Prep Time: 5 minutes - Cook Time: 10 minutes Yield: 8 servings
Calories per serving: 130
Fat per serving: 5g
Saturated fat per serving: 3g
Carbs per serving: 18g
Protein per serving: 4g
Fiber per serving: 2g
Sugar per serving: 4g
Sodium per serving: 240mg
Cholesterol per serving: 15mg
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Betty Crocker