You can easily prep this Campfire Jambalaya a day ahead, pack up all of the ingredients, and assemble it at your campsite (or cookout, or whatever). The result is delicious!
- 1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 lb. andouille or Kielbasa
- 14-1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 to 4 t. Cajun seasoning
- 1 t. hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to mix. Divide among four 18-inch lengths of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bring up foil sides; fold top and ends to seal packets. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until heated through and shrimp are pink. May also bake packets on baking sheets at 450 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes
To make in your oven: Mix all ingredients and baked at 350 in a covered, cast iron skillet for about 45 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1/2 packet
Amount Per Serving Calories 429Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 170mgSodium 2901mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 25g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Delightful County Cookin’