Recipe for Cajun Chicken Fettuccine – Colorful veggies and traditional Cajun seasonings combine with rotisserie chicken to quickly create this spicy chicken dinner.
Cajun Chicken Fettuccine
Colorful veggies and traditional Cajun seasonings combine with rotisserie chicken to quickly create this spicy chicken dinner.
- 3 cups water
- 1 box Chicken Helper® fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3/4 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 3 cups cubed deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken)
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 3 cups water to boiling. Stir in pasta (from Chicken Helper box). Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt margarine over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper; cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, mix milk, sauce mix (from Chicken Helper box), Italian seasoning, paprika and ground red pepper. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat. Cook uncovered 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato pasta sauce, vegetables and chicken. Cook uncovered about 3 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated. Serve over pasta.
Recipe and Photo: Pillsbury.com
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com