Colorful veggies and traditional Cajun seasonings combine with rotisserie chicken to quickly create this spicy Cajun Chicken Fettuccine.
- 3 cups water
- 1 box Chicken Helper® fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3/4 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 3 cups cubed deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken)
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 3 cups water to boiling. Stir in pasta (from Chicken Helper box). Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt margarine over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper; cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, mix milk, sauce mix (from Chicken Helper box), Italian seasoning, paprika and ground red pepper. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat. Cook uncovered 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato pasta sauce, vegetables and chicken. Cook uncovered about 3 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated. Serve over pasta.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 566Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 169mgSodium 770mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 45g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Pillsbury.com