Add some pops of color to this simple baked ziti using summer vegetables like tomatoes, squash, and zucchini.
- 4 ounces uncooked ziti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan. Add squash, zucchini, and onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add tomato and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pasta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Combine ricotta, remaining salt, and egg. Stir into pasta mixture. Spoon into an 8-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with remaining mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 239Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 62mgSodium 670mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 5gSugar 8gProtein 19g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.