Mouth watering baked cheesy meatballs make for a quick and easy way to enjoy meatballs that are cheesy and creamy but layered with the flavor.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1lb lean ground pork
- 2tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 14oz (approx) can diced tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1-2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2-3 leaves fresh basil, roughly torn
- Black Pepper
- 2oz Sharp cheddar cheese or any similar hard cheese, grated
- 1oz breadcrumbs
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the ground pork and chopped basil in a large bowl and add half the onion mixture.
- Mix together well and shape into about 15 balls.
- Add the diced tomatoes, ketchup, parsley, torn basil and black pepper to the remaining onion mixture. Pour the sauce into the bottom of a large casserole dish. Carefully place the meatballs into the dish and spoon a little of the tomato sauce over the top.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and cheese. Top the meatballs with the breadcrumb mixture and bake for about 30 minutes until topping is golden and meatballs are cooked through.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 313Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 88mgSodium 399mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 31g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.