Bacon Wrapped Caramelized Sesame Asparagus – I hate to say it, but these little green stems are growing on me
Bacon Wrapped Caramelized Sesame Asparagus
I hate to say it, but these little green stems are growing on me
- 1 bunch of asparagus, about 20-25 spears, stems removed
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick spray. In a small bowl, whisk together oils, brown sugar and garlic. Set aside.
- Bunch together 5-6 asparagus spears and tightly wrap a piece of bacon around the bundle. Place on the wire rack seam-side down and repeat. Using a pastry brush, a spoon or even your hands (I did this…), brush the spears thoroughly with the oil/sugar mixture. Give each bundle a hefty sprinkle of sesame seeds. Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until bacon is crispy. Serve warm.