This Bacon Cheddar Patty Cakes is a great recipe to use up the leftover mashed potatoes that you always have in the fridge!
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 cups cold leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon slices, crumble, and set aside. Leave the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Mix the mashed potatoes, eggs, flour, onion powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; stir in the crumbled bacon and Cheddar cheese.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties. Heat the bacon drippings over medium heat, and pan-fry the patties in the drippings until crisp on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 cake
Amount Per Serving Calories 244Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 66mgSodium 665mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 9g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.